NEW JERSEY REGISTER
VOLUME 40, ISSUE 11
ISSUE DATE: JUNE 2, 2008
LAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY
DIVISION OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS
Adopted Amendments: N.J.A.C. 13:45D-1.3, 1.4, 3.2 and 3.10
Telemarketing: Do Not Call
Proposed: December 3, 2007 at 39 N.J.R. 5057(a).
Adopted: April 11, 2008 by Lawrence DeMarzo, Acting Director, New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.
Filed: April 29, 2008 as R.2008 d.136, without change.
Authority: N.J.S.A. 56:8-4.
Effective Date: June 2, 2008.
Expiration Date: May 17, 2009.
Federal Standards Statement
A Federal standards analysis is not required because the adopted amendments are not subject to any Federal standards or requirements.
Full text of the adoption follows:
SUBCHAPTER 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
The following words and terms, as used in this chapter, shall have the following meanings, unless their context clearly indicates otherwise:
. . .
"Simultaneous outgoing call capacity" means the number of outgoing telephone calls that a telemarketer has the technological capability to make at the same time, whether or not the telemarketer has the personnel to actually make the calls.
. . .
13:45D-1.4 Fees; no telemarketing call list
(a) The Division shall charge the following telemarketer registration fees:
1. Simultaneous outgoing call capacity of one to five telemarketing sales calls $ 150.00;
2. Simultaneous outgoing call capacity of six to 15 telemarketing sales calls $ 500.00;
3. Simultaneous outgoing call capacity of 16 or more telemarketing sales calls $ 2,000.
(b) (No change.)
SUBCHAPTER 3. TELEMARKETER REGISTRATION
(a) Each telemarketer shall annually register with the Division by submitting the following, on forms provided by the Director:
1.-5. (No change.)
6. The telemarketer's simultaneous outgoing call capacity;
Recodify existing 6.-8. as 7.-9. (No change in text.)
13:45D-3.10 Recordkeeping requirements
(a) Each registered telemarketer shall maintain the following information:
1.-4. (No change.)
5. All phone records and contracts associated with the telephone lines, channels, or other technology used for telemarketing calls;
6.-11. (No change.)
(b)-(d) (No change.)