New Jersey Drug Control Unit
The State of New Jersey has established a Drug Control Unit within the Department of Law and Public Safety, for the purpose of assisting in the enforcement of those provisions of the New Jersey Controlled Dangerous Substances ("C.D.S") Act which relate to persons who, or firms that, manufacture, prescribe, distribute, dispense or conduct research or analysis utilizing controlled substances.
How to Contact the C.D.S. Licensing - DRUG CONTROL UNIT
Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP)
CDS 90 day supply letter
Reporting the Theft/Loss of CDS drugs
Laws & Regulations
Frequently Asked Questions
- New Jersey C.D.S. Registration Processing Frequently Asked Questions
- Other New Jersey C.D.S. Frequently Asked Questions
N.J.P.B. "Uniform Prescription Blanks Programs"
- NJPB Incident Report
- NJPB Printer/Vendor Form: Electronic Health Records
- Changes to the New Jersey Prescription Blanks Format
- N.J.P.B. "Uniform Prescription Blanks Programs" Approved Vendor List
- For information about National Provider Identifier Standard (NPI) Number [this will link to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services]
Please contact the Drug Control Unit at
(973) 792-4220 for the following applications:
- Analytical Lab
- Animal Shelters
- Dog Trainers
- Narcotic Treatment Programs (NTP)
- Researchers and Wholesale/Distributors
To request a "Unique Provider Number", please contact the Drug Control Unit at (973) 792-4220.