Evidence Management Unit
(609) 882-2000 ext 2510
- The Evidence Management Unit (EMU) encompasses many facets relating to the proper storage and maintenance of evidence submitted for examination for the Division of State Police. The following depicts some of the functions the EMU is responsible for on a routine/daily basis.
- Accurately and concisely record transactions involving the inventory, storage, disbursement and disposal of evidence that occurs within the evidence management system, creating a chronological file pertaining to these movements.
- Provide assistance to the regional repository personnel by maintaining accurate and up to date inventory of all items within the evidence management system.
- Provide administrative support to all personnel by assisting in the daily, weekly and monthly administrative activities of the unit.
- Assist in the disbursement of all evidence and property through proper operational procedures.
- Safeguard the handling of all evidence and property within the Division's evidence management system.
- Properly manage the receipt of large volumes of Mobile Video/Audio Recording (MVR) tapes for long term storage.
- Perform information retrieval from MVR tapes as petitioned for court ordered discovery.
- Duplication of MVR tapes for investigatory and courtroom utilization.