NJ Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
DIRECTIONS | PRESS CENTER | CONTACT US
National Guard Militia Museum of New Jersey
Unit Lineage and Honors
50th Personnel Services Battalion
Organized and Federally recognized 27 June 1921 in the New Jersey National Guard at East Orange as Headquarters Battery and Combat Train, 1st Battalion, Field Artillery

Redesignated 20 April 1922 as Headquarters Battery and Combat Train, 1st Battalion, 112th Field Artillery, an element of the 44th Division

Redesignated 1 February 1940 as Headquarters Battery and Combat Train, 1st Battalion, 165th Field Artillery, and remained assigned to the 44th Division

Reorganized and redesignated 1 July 1940 as Headquarters Battery, 1st Battalion, 165th Field Artillery

Inducted into Federal service 16 September 1940 at East Orange

Reorganized and redesignated 20 February 1942 as Headquarters Battery, 199th Field Artillery Battalion, and relieved from assignment to the 44th Division

Inactivated 23 October 1945 at Camp Shanks, New York

Redesignated 5 July 1946 as Headquarters Battery, 199th Armored Field Artillery Battalion, an element of the 50th Armored Division

Reorganized and Federally recognized 26 November 1946 at East Orange

Consolidated 1 March 1959 with the Medical Detachment, 199th Armored Field Artillery Battalion (organized and Federally recognized 5 July 1951 at East Orange), and consolidated unit reorganized and redesignated as Headquarters Battery, 2d Howitzer Battalion, 112th Artillery, an element of the 50th Armored Division

Consolidated 31 January 1963 with the Service Battery, 2d Howitzer Battalion, 112th Artillery (organized and Federally recognized 2 September 1947 at East Orange as the Service Battery, 199th Armored Field Artillery Battalion; redesignated 1 March 1959 as the Service Battery, 2d Howitzer Battalion, 112th Artillery), and consolidated unit reorganized and redesignated as Headquarters and Service Battery, 2d Battalion, 112th Artillery

Consolidated 1 February 1968 with the 550th Administration Company (organized and Federally recognized 24 January 1955 at Newark as the 250th Replacement Company; redesignated 1 March 1959 as the 550th Administration Company) and consolidated unit designated as the 550th Administration Company, an element of the 50th Armored Division

Reorganized and redesignated 1 December 1971 as the 50th Adjutant General Company, an element of the 50th Armored Division

Location changed 1 March 1987 to Trenton

Reorganized and redesignated 1 January 1988 as the 50th Personnel Service Company and relieved from assignment to the 50th Armored Division

Location changed 1 February 1991 to Lawrenceville

Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1995 as the 50th Personnel Services Battalion

HOME STATION: Lawrenceville

Campaign Participation Credit
World War II
Northern France

Decorations
None
Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Legal Statement | Accessibility Statement NJ.gov
NJ National Guard Family Programs Open Public Records Act