NJ Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
DIRECTIONS | PRESS CENTER | CONTACT US
National Guard Militia Museum of New Jersey
Unit Lineage and Honors
50th Infantry Brigade
Constituted 19 October in the National Guard as Headquarters, 44th Division (to be with troops from Delaware, New Jersey, and New York)

Organized and Federally recognized 26 March 1924 at Trenton, New Jersey

Location changes 21 February 1925 to Newark; on 9 October to Trenton

(Headquarters Detachment, 44th Division, organized 23 May 1927-23 March 1939 at Trenton)

Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 44th Division,

Inducted into Federal service 16 September 1940 at Trenton

Recognized and redesignated t10 February 1942 as Headquarters, 44th Infantry Division

Inactivated 30 November 145 at Camp Chaffee, Arkansas

Redesignated and Federally recognized 14 October 1946 at Newark (Headquarters Company concurrently organized at Newark)

Location of Headquarters changed 10 September 1955 to East Orange; location of Headquarters Company changed 1 October 1958 to East Orange

Federally recognized 22 July 1923 at New Brunswick

Redesignated 2 July 1924 as Company E, 114 Infantry

Inducted into Federal service 10 September 1940 at New Brunswick

Inactivated 16 November 1945 at Camp Chaffee, Arkansas (114th Infantry relieved 9 July 1946 from Assignment to the 44th Infantry Division)

Reorganized and Federally recognized 9 June 1948 at New Brunswick

Converted and redesignated 9 June 1948 at New Brunswick

Converted and redesignated 8 May 1954 as Headquarters Company, 1st Medium Tank Battalion, 530 Armor

Location changed 1 May 1961 to Woodbridge

Reorganized and redesignated 15 April 1964 as Headquarters Troop. 50th Reconnaissance Squadron, 104th Armored Division

Location changed 1 November 1990 to Somerset

Consolidated 1 September 1991 with Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 20 Brigade, 50th Armored Division (see ANNEX 4), and consolidated unit designated at Somerset as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Brigade, 50th Armored Division

(Headquarters Company, 50th Armored Division, consolidated 1 April 1959 with the Medical Detachment, 50th Armored Division [see Annex], and consolidated unit designated as Headquarters Company, 50th Armored Division; consolidated 1 February 1968 with Battery A, 20 Battalion, 112th Artillery [see ANNEX 2], and consolidated unit designated as Headquarters Company, 50th Armored Division)

Location changed 7 June 1980 to Somerset; on 1 August 1990 to Fort Dix, New Jersey

Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1993 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 50th Brigade, 42nd Infantry Division (Headquarters Company concurrently consolidated Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Brigade, 50th Armored Division [seeAnnex3], and consolidated unit designated as Headquarters Company, 50th Brigade, 42nd Infantry Division)

ANNEX 1
Organized and Federally recognized 16 September 1919 in the New Jersey National Guard at Newark as the Medical Department Detachment, 6th Infantry Redesignated 17 June 1921 as the Medical Department Detachment, 113th Infantry, and element of the 44th Division

Inducted Into Federal service 15 September 1940 at Newark

(113th Infantry relived to February 1942 from assignment to the 44th Division)

Inactivated 25 September 1945 at Camp Rucker, Alabama

Reorganized and Federally recognized 14 October 1946 at Newark as the Medical Detachment, 50th Armored Division

Location changed 1 October 1058 to East Orange

ANNEX 2
Organized 27 April 1895 in the New Jersey National Guard at Orange as Gatling Gun Company A Redesignated 20 April 1900 as Battery A, Field Artillery: location concurrently changed to East Orange

Mustered into Federal service21 June 1910 at Sea Girt; mustered out of Federal service 21 October 1916

Redesignated 3 April 1917 as Battery A, 1st Battalion, Field Artillery

Redesignated 17 July 1917 as Battery A, 1st Field Artillery

Mustered into Federal service 31 July 1917 at Sea Girt; drafted into Federal service 5 August 1917

Reorganized and redesignated 15 September 1917 as Battery A, 110th Field Artillery, and element of the 29th Division

Demobilized 31 May 1919 at Camp Dix, New Jersey

Reorganized and Federally recognized 29 November in the New Jersey National Guard at East Orange as Battery A, 1st Field Artillery, and element of the 44th Division

Inducted into Federal service 16 September 1940 at East Orange

Reorganize and redesignated 16 February 1942 as Battery A 199th Field Artillery Battalion, and relieved from assignment to the 44th Division

Inactivated 23 October 1945 at Camp Shanks, New York

Redesignated 5 July 1946 as Battery A, 199th Armored Field Artillery Battalion, and element of the 50th Armored Division

Reorganized and Federally recognized 25 February 1947 at East Orange

Reorganized and redesignated 1 March 1959 as Battery A, 20 Howitzer Battalion, 112th Artillery, and element of the 50th Armored Division

Redesignated 31 January 1963 as Battery A, 20 Battalion, 11th Artillery

ANNEX 3
Organized in 1867 in the New Jersey Rifle Corps at New Brunswick as Company K, 10 Regiment Redesignated 14 April 1869 in the New Jersey National Guard as Company E, 30 Regiment Infantry

Mustered into Federal service 11-13 May 1898 at Sea Girt as Company D, 30 New Jersey Volunteer Infantry; mustered out of Federal service 11 February 1899 at Athens, Georgia

Reorganized 2 May 1899 in the New Jersey National Guard at New Brunswick as Company H, 20 Regiment Infantry

Drafted into Federal service 5 August 1917

Reorganized and redesignated 11 October 1917 as Company H, 113th Infantry, an element of the 44th Division

Demobilized 28 May 1919 at Camp Dix, New Jersey

Reorganized in 1920 in the New Jersey National Guard at New Brunswick as Company G, 30 Infantry

Redesignated 17 June 1921 as Company A, 114th Infantry, and element of the 44th Division (Later redesignated as the 44th Infantry Division)

ANNEX 4
Organized and Federally recognized 9 March 1916 in the New Jersey National Guard at Camden as Headquarters Company. 55th Infantry Brigade, and element of the 44th Division Inducted into Federal service 16 September 1940 at Camden

Converted and redesignated 16 February 1942 as the 44th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, and element of the 44th Infantry Division

Reorganized and redesignated 13 August 1943 as the 44th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, Mechanized

Inactive 27 October 1945 at Camp Chaffee, Arkansas

Consolidation with Headquarters Battery, 44th Division Artillery (see ANNEX 5), and consolidated unit reorganized and Federally recognized 1 August 1946 at Camden as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, Combat Command A, 50th Armored Division

Location changed 1 May 1966 to Cherry Hill Converted and redesignated 1 February 1968 as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 112th Artillery Group, and relieved from assignment to the 50th Armored Division

Redesignated 1 May 1972 as Headquarters Battery, 112th Field Artillery Group

Converted and redesignated 1 July 1975 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 20 Brigade, 50th Armored Division

ANNEX 5
Organized and Federally recognized 19 July 1929 in the New Jersey National Guard at Camden as Headquarters Battery, 69th Field Artillery Brigade, and assigned to the 44th Division Inducted into Federal service 10 September 1940 at Camden

Reorganized and redesignated 20 February 1942 as Headquarters Battery, 44th Division Artillery

Inactivated 21 November 1945 at Camp Chaffee, Arkansas

Home Station: Fort Dix, New Jersey

Campaign Participation Credit
World War I
Meuse-Argonne
Alsace 1918

World War II
Northern France
Rhineland
Ardennes-Alsace
Central Europe

Decorations
Headquarters Company (Fort Dix, New Jersey) entitled to: Presidential Unit Citation (Army), Streamer embroidered SCHALBACH
Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Legal Statement | Accessibility Statement NJ.gov
NJ National Guard Family Programs Open Public Records Act