PHARMACY AND THERAPEUTICS COMMITTEE
The Division of Veterans Healthcare Services (DVHS) requires each of the New Jersey Veterans Memorial Homes (VMH) to establish manuals of policies and procedures for providing services. Procedures shall permit the organization of committees, as needed, to ensure compliance with the New Jersey Standards for Licensure of Long Term Care Facilities, and with applicable Federal and New Jersey State Administrative Codes, related laws, regulatory and licensing standards.
This policy and procedure shall ensure that each VMH establishes and maintains an interdisciplinary Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee, appointed by and reporting to the CEO, and consisting at least of the CEO or ACEO, the Director of Nursing Services or representative, and the Consultant Pharmacist, with oversight as needed by the Medical Director.
- New Jersey Veterans Memorial Homes’ Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee
- The New Jersey Veterans Memorial Homes shall establish and maintain an interdisciplinary Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee, charged with the management of, and responsibility for developing, implementing, and revising the procedures for procurement, storage, administration, disposal, and auditing of medications used for the VMH residents.
- Committee membership shall be representative of the following services:
- Pharmacist (Chairperson)
- Chief Executive Officer or designee
- Director of Nursing Services or designee
- Medical Director
- Pharmacy Services Consultant
- Other staff as necessary
- The Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee shall function as an advisory group, which serves as the organizational line of communication between the Pharmacy and VMH Administration. The Committee will be a policy recommending body to the Medical and Nursing staff and to Administration on all matters concerning drug utilization.
- The Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee shall monitor all aspects with respect to drug utilization to include the development, implementation, and periodic revision of policies and procedures guiding VMH practice.
- The Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee shall meet in accordance with applicable Federal and State rules, regulations, and standards set forth for the purpose of monitoring and overseeing drug utilization practices.
Revised: July 2005
Revised: July 2007
Revised: July 2009 _