The Division of Veterans Healthcare Services (DVHS) requires each of the New Jersey Veterans Memorial Homes (VMH) to establish manuals of policies and procedures for providing services. Procedures shall permit the organization of committees, as needed, to ensure compliance with the New Jersey Standards for Licensure of Long Term Care Facilities, and with applicable Federal and New Jersey State Administrative Codes, related laws, regulatory and licensing standards.
This policy and procedures shall ensure that each VMH establishes and maintains a Procedures Committee as required by law and regulation.
- New Jersey Veterans Memorial Homes Procedures Committee
- The New Jersey Veterans Memorial Homes shall establish a Procedures Committee charged with the task of formulating, developing, reviewing, and revising procedures regarding the operations and management of the facility.
- Procedures Committee
- Committee membership is at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Committee membership shall meet periodically or as needed.
- The Committee shall function as an advisory group, which serves as the organizational line of communication between all the Departments and Facility Administration with respect to formulating, developing, reviewing, and revising facility procedures, and for assuring compliance with Federal and State regulatory and licensing requirements.
- The Procedures Committee shall serve as the authority for overseeing all aspects with respect to facility procedures, to include the formulation, development, review, and revision of procedures guiding facility practice.
Revised: July 2005
Revised: July 2007
Revised: July 2009_