Non-Profit Information Center
To better serve the needs of New Jersey’s non-profit community, the Motor Vehicle Commission offers this helpful index of information and services.
Licenses- Passenger Transport
- Organizational License Plates- Qualified non-profit community, alumni or military-service related organizations can apply for special license plates.
- Title and register a vehicle- Typically, if you purchase a vehicle from a New Jersey dealer, it will be titled as part of the sales process. If a title was not issued at time of purchase, this information will guide you.
Data Services- Records Requests
- Commercial Driver License (CDL)- Drivers operating vehicles equipped to carry eight or more passengers must meet all Commercial Driver License (CDL) requirements established by State and Federal law.
- Passenger endorsement- operators of buses or similar vehicles used to transport passengers are required to have a passenger endorsement.
- Request records from MVC- qualified businesses can get quick and direct access to driver history abstracts, ownership history and registration and title inquiries under the Driver Privacy Protection Act.
- MVC Forms Inventory- download forms from the complete inventory of MVC business and individual services.