Quarterly Tax Returns can be completed online here, and you can print out the tax form from here and the tax rates from here.
The following information is required to complete your tax return
- Total miles
- Total gallons
- Average fleet mpg
How to complete a tax return online
- Click Commercial -> Under Online Services click Renew IRP.
- Enter your customer number and pin number.
- Click IFTA tab at the top.
- Click Quarterly Tax Return, click submit.
- Enter reporting period information, click submit twice.
- Enter total miles traveled and fuel purchased.
- Enter miles + fuel for jurisdiction breakdown.
- Click file Tax Return then click submit three (3) times to process the invoice.
- Click the Payment tab at the top.
- Leave the fleet number blank, select credit card or online checking and hit submit.
What are the filing dates
1st quarter - January - March, due date April 30
2nd quarter - April - June, due July 31
3rd quarter - July - September, due October 31
4th quarter - October - December, due, January 31
If the due date is a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, the next business day is considered the due date. The date that the tax return is paid in full is the filing date.
How penalties are determined
Paper filings must be postmarked by the due date. The licensee will be subject to the IFTA penalty and interest provisions if the report is not filed in a timely manner. Operating suspensions will be applied to delinquent accounts.
If you file an amended return after the due date, it is now considered late, and penalty & interest must be included in the payment.
How to file for a refund
Overpayment will be processed as a credit if refund box is not marked. Anything under $10.00 will be forwarded as a credit.