More More

Agricultural license

An agricultural license (Class G) allows individuals between 16 and 17 years old to operate only those vehicles registered for farm use when the driver and vehicle are actively engaged in farming related activities. A basic driver license (Class D) can also be used to operate farming vehicles.

How to get an agricultural license
  • You must be between 16 and 17 years old
  • Present a letter of authorization from a parent or guardian
  • Pass the 6 point ID requirements
  • Pass the knowledge and vision tests to validate your permit. You can study by reading the Driver Manual
  • Schedule a road test.* You must wait a mandatory 20 days before taking the test
  • Pass the road test*
  • Take your permit, ride slip and score sheet to an MVC Agency to receive your license
  • Pay the $6 license fee
  • Once you are 17 years old, you can visit an MVC Agency and pass 6 point ID to exchange your agricultural license for a Provisional, restricted license valid for one year from date of issuance

*Road test vehicle must have agricultural plates.