NJ MVC - Logo
Moving to New Jersey
Your License
Your LicenseYour VehicleTraffic RulesChecklist
LicenseID VerificationGDLForiegn Licenses

  • Tourists with valid driver licenses from certain countries may drive personal or rental cars if they are in the United States for one year or less, or if they work or attend school here
  • For qualifying countries, please call MVC at (609) 292-6500 or (888) 486-3339
  • To get a New Jersey driver license, follow the same procedure that is required for transferring an out-of-state license. Find more information for non-citizens


   Learn More