Learn about Bidding Opportunities
Doing business with government does not have to be a complicated process. New Jersey offers a number of online resources to facilitate access to accurate and up-to-date contracting-related information and services. Resources include the following:
Bid Opportunity Database
This single, centralized source enables businesses to obtain bid opportunity information from more than 100 state entities, including all units of the executive branch, authorities, commissions, state colleges and universities.
- A searchable list of opportunities by commodity code and by state entity
- A detailed summary for each opportunity
- Contact information and/or link to the website (if applicable) of the originating entity
- Opt-in email notifications as new opportunities are posted
Bid Opportunity Notification Service
Opt in to receive email notifications about new bid opportunities as they become available for the commodity code(s) specific to your selected interest. This service ensures that the business community receives timely and pertinent information regarding new and/or amended state purchasing opportunities.
Diversity Registry: Small, Minority & Women Businesses Self-Declaration
To better promote the State's small, minority- and women-owned businesses, the Division of Revenue hosts an online directory of small businesses, which includes minority- and women-owned businesses. Using this directory, business owners can declare themselves as a small, minority- and/or women-owned business to promote their goods and services directly to State purchasing agents and prime contractors who may not be familiar with their company.
Although an official registration or certificate is not required for some bid opportunities, buyers from the various State agencies, authorities, commissions, colleges and universities use this directory to find businesses that provide goods and services that meet their procurement needs. Also, prime contractors use it to identify potential subcontractors.
Search the database at: https://www1.state.nj.us/TYM_BUISOPP/ent/searchBusinessListing.do
- A FREE listing in a searchable, central database
- Optional email notifications of bid opportunities that match your specific commodity code
- Searchable by commodity code, and business or contractor's name
- Ability to develop a diverse vendor prospect list for both informal and formal bidding opportunities