Thomas Edison and his associates produced a cluster of technology innovations here in New Jersey. We’ve long been at the forefront of discovery. With tomorrow’s breakthroughs just around the corner, our passion for innovation has not diminished.
New Jersey’s greatest asset is our people. Our workforce is well educated with a wealth of scientists, engineers and skilled technicians.
- The state is home to over 410,000 scientists and engineers who help drive innovation in the state’s businesses, colleges, and universities.
- An additional 754,000 scientists and engineers live within commuting distance of the state.
- New Jersey ranks as the fourth-most competitive state in the nation, according to the State Knowledge Economy Index.
- NJ is among the Top 10 “wired” states in terms of broadband accessibility. (“Enterprising States,” report from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Chamber Foundation, May 2010.)
Every business has different needs. And to best meet your unique needs, New Jersey has a wide range of financial and technical support programs available to you.
- Incentive grants for job growth make direct payments to businesses that create or expand jobs in New Jersey.
- Sales and Use Tax exemption for the purchase of fixtures, furniture, building materials and equipment needed for business relocation.
- Workforce training grants provide skilled training, education and a wide range of support to workers and employers.
For more information about New Jersey’s advantages, site selection services or for a customized proposal of New Jersey’s financial and incentive programs, call 1-866-534-7789.