Situated at the center of the Northeast Corridor, New Jersey gives you access to more than 100 million consumers located within a 24-hour drive. Plus, our unmatched concentration of consumers, businesses, and wealth creates a tremendous market for the goods and services produced in New Jersey.
New Jersey is home to more than 20,000 manufacturers and industrial companies. Our industrial and manufacturing companies range from glass manufacturers to gourmet foods to pharmaceutical manufacturing.
With access to a large, well-trained labor force and excellent facilities, manufacturing companies can have the competitive edge in New Jersey.
- New Jersey is one of the nation’s most strategically relevant locations for manufacturing, as well as a gateway for exporting.
- Our well-developed transportation infrastructure, proximity to the national market, and extensive warehousing and distribution capabilities literally give New Jersey access to the world.
- New Jersey manufacturers employ nearly 338,200 people, plus 136,700 workers are employed by companies that supply and support manufacturers, nearly 13% of New Jersey’s private sector workforce.
- More than 620 million tons of freight- valued at over $850 billion- move through New Jersey’s Ports every year.
Every business has different needs. And to best meet your unique needs for manufacturing, New Jersey has a wide range of financial and technical support programs available to you.
- Tax exemption programs designed especially for manufacturing.
- Rebates and low-cost financing for renewable energy systems, equipment and technologies that result in energy savings.
- Incentive grants for job growth make direct payments to businesses that create or expand jobs in New Jersey.
- Sales and Use Tax exemption for the purchase of fixtures, furniture, building materials and equipment needed for business relocation.
- Workforce training grants provide skilled training, education and a wide range of support to workers and employers.
For more information about New Jersey’s advantages, site selection services or for a customized proposal of New Jersey’s financial and incentive programs, call 1-866-534-7789.