It’s no accident that so many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical corporations call New Jersey home. They are drawn here by the depth and talent of our workforce as well as the high quality of life. Recognized as the global epicenter of the pharmaceutical industry, 15 of the world’s 25 largest pharmaceutical companies have major facilities in New Jersey.
New Jersey is home to many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. This important industry sector includes names that have defined the industry throughout the 20th century including Bayer HealthCare, Wyeth, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Roche, Novo Nordisk, Merck and Schering-Plough.
There’s a reason so many of the world’s most revolutionary scientific breakthroughs happen in New Jersey. Just look at the data:
- New Jersey has the nation’s highest concentration of scientific professionals with 184,000 working statewide.
- New Jersey ranked first for pharmaceutical new branches, second for pharmaceutical employment, and fourth for pharmaceutical start-ups.
- New Jersey Pharmaceutical companies are devoted to R&D with 27% of their New Jersey employment share in 2006 going to R&D.
- New Jersey colleges and universities graduate 22,000 life science degrees annually.
Every business has different needs. And to best meet your unique needs, New Jersey has a wide range of financial and technical support programs available to you.
- Incentive grants for job growth make direct payments to expand or relocate businesses that create or expand jobs in New Jersey.
- Sales and Use Tax exemption for the purchase of fixtures, furniture, building materials and equipment needed for business relocation.
- Workforce training grants provide skilled training, education and a wide range of support to workers and employers.
For more information about New Jersey’s advantages, site selection services or for a customized proposal of New Jersey’s financial and incentive programs, call 1-866-534-7789.