New Jersey State Trade and Export Promotion (NJ STEP) Program
Through the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the New Jersey Business Action Center (BAC) received funding for the New Jersey State Trade and Export Promotion (NJ STEP) Stipend Program to provide assistance to eligible New Jersey small businesses that are new to export, as well as those businesses who currently sell their goods and services to other countries.
The NJ STEP program is available to eligible businesses on a first-come, first-serve basis and may be used to partially offset the cost of training programs, trade show participation, and for U.S. Department of Commerce programs including Gold Key Matching Services.
Whether you’re a New Jersey company looking to do business globally or an international company interested in establishing a business in the State, there are a number of resources that are available to help you grow your business. The State of New Jersey offers access to free export consulting as well as services to assist your company to identify potential buyers and new international markets and find partners for joint ventures and strategic alliances. In addition, a business action team is available to assist with site selection services and to provide customized solutions outlining financing and incentive opportunities for expansion projects or for new investors seeking a corporate presence in the State.
- International Trade Events and Networking Opportunities
- Trade Advocacy
- International Trade Leads
- Tariffs and Import Fees
How to find your harmonized code number and calculate duties and taxes.
- International Buyer Program Trade Show Video Series
- Export Compliance and Regulations
- Trade Finance Guide [pdf 981KB]
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Small Business Administration - New Jersey District Office
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- The World Bank Group
- The African Development Bank Group
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Inter-American Development Bank
- NJ State Financing Incentives
- New Jersey Sister State Agreements and Memoranda of Agreement/Understanding
- Export Basics
- Import Assistance
- Office of the U. S. Trade Representative’s list of U. S. Free Trade Agreements
- New Jersey Business Incubation Network
- Glossary of Trade Terms from the World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Glossary of Foreign Direct Investment Terms from the Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD) [pdf 202KB]
- Foreign Trade Zones