|Navigating the NJHRC
The NJHRC is easy to use! You can search for housing or view the housing-related links with just a few clicks of your mouse.
To search for housing, follow these five steps.
- On the Homepage, select “Find Housing”
- On the next page, select one of the following:
“Find Affordable Rental Housing in NJ”
“Find Housing with Accessibility Features in NJ”
- Select a geographic region to search.
- Depending on the region you chose, you will be presented with one of two search paths:
A. The region you selected has 31 or MORE properties available. You will be offered a menu of housing features to help you narrow your search. Choose the features that are most important to you and select “Click Here to Search” at the bottom of the page. Go to Step 5.
B. The region you selected has 30 or FEWER properties available. A listing of those properties will be presented to you. Go to Step 5.
Should you want to perform a more detailed search of housing in a city with fewer than 20 properties, repeat steps 1, 2, and 3, but this time choose the county of the city you wish to live instead of the city itself.
- Select an address for a detailed view of that property. To find out information not listed on the property profile or to learn about how to buy or rent this particular property/unit, you must contact the property manager or homeseller directly.