Plan & Prepare
Resources and Links For Businesses in New Jersey
NJ Homeland Security
American Red Cross:
- “ Preparing Your Business For the Unthinkable”
- “Emergency Management Guide for Business and Industry”,
a 78-page guide with step-by-step advice on how businesses
can create a comprehensive emergency management program.
Local Red Cross chapters can order in packages of 5 as stock
number A5025 for a nominal fee. Click here for a directory of Red Cross chapters.
- “Disaster is Everybody’s Business”, an 8-page booklet that describes ways businesses can work with the Red Cross before, during and after disasters. Limited for use by Red Cross representatives only. Local Red Cross chapters can order in packages of 10 as stock number A5061 for a nominal fee. Click here for a directory of Red Cross chapters
- “Personal Workplace Disaster Supplies Kit"
- Homeland Security Advisory System Recommendations for Businesses -pdf
United States Small Business Administration:
Institute for Business and Home Safety:
Public Entity Risk Institute:
NJ Business Force: Business Executives for National Security:
Search for “EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT COLLECTION”
at the New Jersey State Library’s Website. These materials are available
for New Jersey citizens, and to emergency managers, government
officials, emergency responders, teachers, engineers and corporate
emergency officials in New Jersey who need to prepare or respond
to any emergency situation. Materials include handbooks, videos,
reports or software. Here is a list.