Plan & Prepare
Hurricane Preparedness: What to do BEFORE a Hurricane: Preparing Your Manufactured Home
Manufactured Homes require special precautions as they are
particularly vulnerable to hurricane-force winds.
- Anchor your Manufactured Home with over-the-top, or frame, ties.
- Manufactured Home residents are likely to be ordered to evacuate well in advance of other residents in their area, because of the dangers posted by strong winds.
If ordered to evacuate by Public Safety Officials, take that order seriously and act IMMEDIATELY.
Before you leave, take the following precautions:
- Pack breakables in boxes and put them on the floor.
- Remove mirrors and tape them. Wrap mirrors and lamps in blankets and place them in the bathtub or shower.
- Install hurricane shutters or precut plywood on all windows.
- Shut off utilities and disconnect electricity, sewer and water lines. Shut off propane tanks and leave them outside after anchoring them securely.
- Store awnings, folding furniture, trashcans and other loose outdoor objects.
Pinellas County, Florida: