| Drug Trafficking Central Unit
The Drug Trafficking Central Unit is tasked with spearheading New Jersey’s war on drugs with new strategic initiatives derived from
Intelligence-Led Policing efforts. The investigations target and impact upon all aspects of narcotic distribution within the state.
The Drug Trafficking Central Unit conducts investigations of narcotics trafficking which focus on improving the quality of life of New Jersey
residents. Criminal investigations target wholesale importation and distribution throughout the seven central counties.
Additional responsibilities of the Drug Trafficking Central Unit:
- Identify and target networks involved in the transportation of wholesale quantities of narcotics into and around the seven central counties.
- Identify links between wholesale narcotic's distributors and narcotics transportation networks within the seven central counties.
- Collect, evaluate, and disseminate intelligence data regarding drug trafficking activity occurring within the seven central counties.
- Forge community and corporate-based partnerships with the purpose of identifying, preventing, disrupting drug trafficking and transportation activities
occurring within the seven central counties.
- Provide assistance to law enforcement agencies that are engaged in similar investigations in the central region of the State.
- Operate and maintain the New Jersey State Police Marijuana Eradication Squad.