| Drug Trafficking South Unit
The Drug Trafficking South Unit is tasked with spearheading New Jersey’s war on drugs with new strategic initiatives derived from Intelligence-Led Policing
efforts. The investigations target and impact upon all aspects of narcotic distribution within the state.
The Drug Trafficking South Unit conducts investigations of narcotics trafficking which focus on improving the quality of life of New Jersey residents.
Criminal investigations target wholesale importation and distribution throughout the seven southern counties.
Additional responsibilities of the Drug Trafficking South Unit
- Identify and target networks involved in the transportation of wholesale quantities of narcotics into and around the seven southern counties.
- Identify links between wholesale narcotic's distributors and narcotics transportation networks within the seven southern counties.
- Collect, evaluate, and disseminate intelligence data regarding drug trafficking activity occurring within the seven southern counties.
- Forge community and corporate-based partnerships with the purpose of identifying, preventing, disrupting drug trafficking and transportation activities
occurring within the seven southern counties.
- Provide assistance to law enforcement agencies that are engaged in similar investigations in the southern region of the State.