State Police and Plainfield Police Department Rid
Plainfield City Of Street Gang
Plainfield, Union County - State Police Superintendent Colonel Rick Fuentes and Plainfield City Police Chief Edward Santiago today announced the eviction of the "Cash Money Brothers" street gang from the City of Plainfield. The police action dubbed "Operation Queen Green" resulted in the arrest of 20 persons for narcotics and weapon offenses. The case initiated in June of 2005 involved NJSP, Street Gang North Unit, Plainfield City Police Department, Union County Prosecutor's Gang Task Force, Somerset County Prosecutor's Office, and the Piscataway Police Department.
The operation targeted the criminal activities of a local criminal street gang known as the "Cash Money Brothers," who were involved in every facet of criminal activity from CDS distribution to aggravated assaults, as well as, possible involvement in several shootings within the City of Plainfield. The gang had established control over two residential apartment complexes, identified as West End Gardens and Liberty Village, where they regularly conducted daily sales of cocaine. Though they had no known affiliation to any of the larger super gangs, such as the Bloods or Crips, the "Brothers" established an active and organized chain of command and structure.
During the six-month investigation detectives identified the gangs primary supply source of cocaine. The gang regularly scored cocaine from dealers located in the Bronx, New York. This highlights the connection between New Jersey criminal organizations and New York criminal organizations. The investigation remains ongoing with additional arrests expected.
The operation, which culminated overnight with the execution of thirteen search warrants in three counties (Middlesex, Union, Somerset) and resulted in the following:
- The arrest of twenty individuals (20) individuals
- Recovery of one (1) handgun
- Recovery of two (2) bulletproof vests
- 1 vehicle a 1999 Buick Regal VALUE: $5,000.00
- 300 Grams of Crack Cocaine VALUE: $12,000.00
- 2 ounces of pure Cocaine VALUE: $2,000.00
- 3 Ounces of Marijuana VALUE : $300.00
- Drug paraphernalia
- $1000.00 in US Currency
- small quantity of Heroin
- 2 Shotguns
- Gang related paraphernalia
The following individuals were arrested as a result of the operation:
- Sohn O'Connor 8/24/1978 - Dist. Of CDS, Poss. W/Int., Poss. Of CDS, Conspiracy to Dist. CDS Found in possession after directed MV stop on NJTP with approx. 300 grams of cocaine
- Jacob Smith 11/13/1984 - Dist. Of CDS, Poss w/Int, Poss. Of CDS, Conspiracy to Dist. CDS Found in possession after directed MV stop on NJTP with approx. 300 grams of cocaine
- Rodney Edison 7/23/1981 -Conspiracy to Dist. CDS, Unlawful Possession of a Handgun
- John Weeks 3/6/1981 - Conspiracy to Dist. CDS.
- Orlando McCloud 1/21/1986 - Conspiracy to Dist. CDS.
- Daniel Sarku 10/5/1985 - Conspiracy to Dist. CDS
- Saquan Palmer 9/24/1986 - Poss. W/Int. to Dist. CDS, Poss of CDS, Conspiracy to Dist. CDS
- Saad Spivey 4/19/1983 - Conspiracy to Dist. CDS
- Rashon Faulcon 1/16/1984 - Conspiracy to Dist. CDS
- Sidney Jackson 8/27/1983 - Conspiracy to Dist. CDS
- Jackera Wilery 6/8/1986 - Unlawful Possession of a weapon (Pistol grip Shotgun)
- Brian Warren 12/6/1986 - Conspiracy to Dist. CDS
- Thomas Campbell 9/8/1962 - Unlawful Possession of a weapon (Shotgun)
- Hikmah Eure 6/27/1976 - Conspiracy to Dist. CDS
- Jaquan Heyward 12/19/1986 - Poss. Of CDS
- Dy'Sean Heyward 11/28/1984 - Poss. Of CDS
- Alesha Brown 5/28/1984 - Poss. Of CDS
- Armin Spann 3/14/1978 - Warrants
- Ishaq Saleem 7/6/1990(juvenile) Dist. Of CDS, Poss. W/Int. to Dist. CDS
- Haleem McCoy 7/5/1984 (NJ State Fugitive) - Wanted DOC fugitive
Suspect's Residences: All live in Plainfield with exception of #3 (Piscataway) and #4 (Raritan - Somerset Co) and #2 (North Plainfield).
# # #