New Jersey′s Do Not Call Law
Please note that your complaint needs to fit all of the required criteria before it can be submitted as a Do Not Call complaint.
If you did not meet the criteria above you will be sent to the
Office of Consumer Protection Complaint Form.
The telephone number that received the call is either my Residential or Cell Phone number.
Business-to-business and fax calls are not currently covered by either the New Jersey "Do Not Call" law or the national "Do Not Call" registry. To file a fax related complaint please file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html
I heard the telemarketing message when the Telemarketer called or a telemarketing message was left on my answering machine.
Only calls where a consumer hears the telemarketing message are covered by the New Jersey "Do Not Call" law. Reporting a number that was obtained through Caller ID or Call Intercept without hearing the sales pitch does not constitute a complaint.
The Telemarketer was calling to sell me something.
Telemarketers can still contact consumers if:
- they′re calling on behalf of charities, political organizations or pollsters (Please note: You may ask third-party professional fund-raisers who call on behalf of charities to stop calling you and to tell the charity to put you on the charity-specific "no-call" list. The fund-raiser must honor your request);
- you′ve given the company written permission to call you;
- you′re an "existing customer" ? defined as
- A person who is obligated to make payments to a seller on merchandise purchased or
- A person who has entered into a written contract with a seller where there is an obligation to perform, either by the customer, seller or both; or
- you′re an "established customer" for whom a seller has previously provided continuing services where the relationship has not been terminated and the telemarketer?s call is limited to the service that is being provided. (However, the telemarketer can′t "up-sell" or try to offer a new or enhanced service to the customer).