Place - Name Resources
Colonial Marriage Bonds and Licenses, see Secretary of State - Genealogical and Colonial Records also consult the searchable Index to Marriage Records, 1666-1799.
- Department of Health – Bureau of Vital Statistics; also consult the Index to Marriage Records, 1848-1878 and Index to Death Records, 1878-1888. To order birth, marriage and death records May 1848-May 1900, see our Reference Services page. To order birth, marriage and death records from June 1900 to the present, visit the Department of Heath, http://www.state.nj.us/health/vital/
- County Marriage Records
- County Birth and Burial Records
- Municipal Birth, Marriage and Death Records
- Records relating to Slaves and Children of Slaves
- Adoption Records
- Divorces - our holdings generally span the period 1743-1886. During this time, divorces were granted only by legislative act or decree of the Chancery Court. The best index for pre-twentieth-century laws is John Hood's Index of Colonial and State Laws of New Jersey ... (1905). Chancery Court page for pre-1886 divorce cases. For post-1886 divorces, contact the Superior Court Records Management Center, 171 Jersey St., P.O. Box 967, Trenton, NJ 08625-0967, tel. 609-777-0092.
Censuses and Similar Records
Estate (Probate) Records
Miscellaneous Manuscript Collections