NJDOT to resurface sixteen miles of Route 80 in Warren, Morris, and Sussex counties
(Trenton) –Commissioner Kris Kolluri today announced that the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) will resurface approximately 16 miles of Route 80 westbound in Warren, Morris and Sussex counties.
"Resurfacing this large stretch of Route 80 westbound will provide a steadier and safer drive for motorists while extending the life of the roadway," Governor Jon S. Corzine said.
Starting Thursday, September 4, NJDOT will resurface I-80 westbound from milepost 12.5 to milepost 28.2 in Hope, Frelinghuysen and Allamuchy in Warren County, Mount Olive, Netcong and Roxbury in Morris County, and Byram in Sussex County. NJDOT will also repair 11 bridge decks along this stretch of the roadway. The $18.7 million project is scheduled for completion in October, 2009.
The following lane closures are scheduled as part of the project:
• On I-80 westbound between mileposts 12.5 and 24.0, single lane closures may be necessary from Monday through Thursday from 7 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., on Friday from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m., on Saturday from 6 p.m. to 10 a.m., and on Sunday from 8 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. the following day.
• Double-lane closures may be necessary from Monday through Thursday from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. On Saturday and Sunday, single and double-lane closures may occur from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. the following morning.
• On I-80 westbound between mileposts 24 and 28.5, single-lane closures may occur from Monday through Thursday from 8:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. the following day. On Friday, single-lane closures may be scheduled from 8:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. the following morning. On Saturday, single-lane closures are scheduled from 6 p.m. to 10 a.m., and on Sunday from 8 p.m. to 1 p.m. the following day.
• Double-lane closures may be necessary from Monday through Thursday from 10:30 p.m. to 6 a.m., on Friday from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., on Saturday double-lane closures may occur from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m., and on Sunday from 10:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following day.
• Intermittent ramp closures with detours may be necessary from milepost 12.5 to milepost 28.2.
NJDOT will install variable message signs on Route 80 to inform motorists of traffic pattern changes during construction. Real time travel and construction information is available online at www.nj511.info