Regional resurfacing contract to address sections of distressed highways
in Morris, Passaic and Sussex counties
to receive repairs
(Trenton) - The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) today announced a regional maintenance resurfacing and roadway repair project is scheduled to begin this week.
NJDOT will mill and repave deteriorated sections of asphalt and concrete roadway at six locations in Morris, Passaic and Sussex counties in this proposed order:
• Route 15 in both directions from north of Route 46 (milepost 0.5) to north of Dewey Avenue (mp 1.93) in Dover, Rockaway and Wharton, Morris County.
• Route 206 in both directions from north of I-80 (mp 97.32) to Acorn Street (mp 98.34) in Mount Olive, Morris County and Stanhope and Byram in Sussex County.
• Route 46 in both directions from Route 10 (mp 33.32) to the vicinity of the Black River (mp 34.17) in Roxbury, Morris County.
• Route 181 in both directions from north of Prospect Point Road (mp 1.52) to Main Street/CR 613 (mp 5.42) and from Sparta Road/CR 517 (mp 5.81) to the northern terminus at Route 15 (mp 7.47) in Sparta, Sussex County.
• Route 23 southbound from milepost 19.8 to milepost 17.13 in West Milford, Passaic County.
• Route 23 in both directions from CR 517 (mp 31.6) to near Rutherford Avenue (mp 35.2) in Franklin and Hamburg, Sussex County.
The $10 million contract will improve motorist safety and extend the pavement lifespan along the full width of the roadway at each location, including all travel lanes, turn lanes, shoulders and median openings.
NJDOT’s maintenance contractor, Tilcon Inc., will begin initial construction activity on Route 15 in Morris County. The work will be performed under the allowable lane closures schedule, maintaining at least one travel lane in at each location at all times. Access to all businesses will be maintained.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.org real-time travel information.