I-78 eastbound Exit 58A ramp to Routes 1 & 9 southbound and Port Newark closed this weekend for repair work
Detour necessary in Newark during ramp closure
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced a full closure this weekend of Exit 58A, the I-78 eastbound ramp to Routes 1 & 9 southbound/Port Newark in Newark.
Beginning at 11 p.m. Friday, August 25 until 5 a.m. Monday, August 28, NJDOT’s contractor Daidone Electric Inc., will close the ramp from I-78 eastbound to Routes 1 & 9 southbound/Port Newark to perform concrete pavement work. The following detours will be in place:
I-78 eastbound to Routes 1&9 southbound/Port Newark detour:
- Vehicles on I-78 eastbound will be directed to use Exit 58B to Routes 1&9 northbound
- Stay right to exit onto Frontage Road
- ontinue on Frontage Road and make a left onto the I-78/Routes 1&9 southbound/Route 21 northbound/Route 22 westbound entrance ramp
- Take ramp on the left for Routes 1&9 southbound/Route 21/Route 22/Newark
- For Port Newark, motorists must stay left and take the North Area exit ramp
- For Routes 1&9 southbound, motorists must stay right and take the Routes 1&9 southbound, Route 21/Route 22/Newark exit ramp
Portable Variable Message Signs and detour signing will be utilized to direct motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with this ramp work.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.