Certified Payroll Requirements
Regardless of status, Certified Payroll is now required for Prequalification (PS-11, PS-12, or pending review). Individuals proposed for prequalification must be exclusively employeed by the firm submitting; use of subconsultant personnel is prohibited.
Consultants are required to
submit a Certified Payroll to the Department's Contract Manager
at the time of; (1) prequalification (2) agreement, (3) task order, (4) consultant
agreement modification, and/or (5) consultant agreement addendum. The certified payroll roster is required for the prime and all
cost basis approved subconsultants and will be retained by Professional Services. Consultant titles
should be the same on Title Concurrence Sheets, Certified Payroll,
Cost Proposals, and Invoices. See Title
Concurrence for additional information and instructions.
Instructions for completion of Certified Payroll forms:
- All ASCE grades should be listed by each employee then grouped and averaged together by ASCE grade.
- Any dissimilar titles within the same ASCE grade must be grouped together by similar title, and averaged according to similar
- You may add names, titles, and ASCE grades as needed, each ASCE grade need not be listed on separate pages.
- Certified Payroll from prime and subconsultant staff must be listed on separate pages.
- The Consultant Signatory Statement for a prime or a subconsultant must appear on each page of the certified payroll. The Principal
of the Firm for the prime consultant must sign for the prime, and the Principal of the Firm for the subconsultant must sign for the
These forms are optional; your firm may use its own format as long as all required information is listed. If you choose to use these
forms, rows and pages may be added and deleted as necessary.
Exhibit - Certified Payroll Form (xls 24k)
Blank - Certified Payroll for Prequalification (new April 2016)
Blank - Certified Payroll for Agreements/Mods/Task Orders
Certified Payroll FAQs
Retroactive and New Hire Wage Rates
- Follow regular certified payroll format.
- Submit retroactive and new hires directly to Professional Services.