Employer-sponsored Rideshare Matching Assistance
Online rideshare matching assistance makes it simple for commuters to find carpool and vanpool partners with compatible schedules. Partners can be matched by taking advantage of the New Jersey Department of Transportation’s toll-free ridesharing hotline: 1-800-245-POOL.
Or, they can be matched informally through bulletin boards or ads in your company newsletter.
How can employers promote ridesharing assistance?
Rideshare matching can be promoted by:
What can rideshare matching do for Rideshare matching assistance can:
- Provide opportunities for employees to use alternatives tailored to their personal needs
- Make employees more comfortable with new ways of commuting
- Save money
- Improve morale
- Reduce stress
When can rideshare matching be most effective?
Rideshare matching can be implemented with employees at any worksite that does not have convenient access to bus and/or train transportation. It is especially attractive to employees when their commute distances exceed 10 miles or 25 minutes one-way.
What do employers do?
Contact your local Transportation Management Association (TMA) to request match lists for potential rideshare partners and help you:
- Organize transportation fairs or zip code parties
- Encourage potential ridesharers to resolve any issues that prevent their participation, for example, smoking, timeliness, music, stops, etc.
- Follow up with ridesharers regularly to answer questions, find new matches and ensure their satisfaction