Pavement & Drainage
Management and Technology
The Pavement Management Unit develops, maintains, and operates the Pavement Management System. Functions and activities of this unit
are as follows:
- Collect, process, and store pavement condition data (including high-resolution video images) for the NJDOT maintained roadway
system comprised of 4,665 lineal miles (sum of both travel directions) of mainline pavement, which equates to 8410 lane miles.
- Analyze pavement data and assess conditions of the pavement network.
- Perform multi-year analyses to forecast system conditions under various funding scenarios in support of capital investment planning.
- Optimize network pavement condition through implementation of a strategy of pavement activities utilizing cost effective treatments.
- Report on system conditions and provide information requested by senior leadership, NJDOT personnel and outside agencies.
- Provide project tracking for all NJDOT pavement projects.
- Collect, store, and analyze data to support the Departmentís Ride Quality Acceptance Specification for new pavement construction.
- Perform pavement testing to support special requests for data.