Department of Transportation
for Road and Bridge Construction
NJDOT A-1 – Mortar-Making Properties of Fine Aggregate
- Scope. This test method is used to determine the mortar-making properties of fine aggregate by tensile strength at the age of 7 days when compared to Standard
- Apparatus. Use apparatus as required in AASHTO T 132 and AASHTO T 162.
- Procedure. Perform the following steps:
- Prepare Standard Ottawa mortar according to AASHTO T 162 and test according to AASHTO T 132.
- Using the fine aggregate sample, prepare the mortar according to AASHTO T 162 and test according to AASHTO T 132. Replace the Standard Ottawa sand with the same weight of fine aggregate sample and use sufficient mixing water to produce the same consistency as obtained with the Standard Ottawa mortar.
- Report. Report the strength of the fine aggregate sample as a percentage of the Standard Ottawa mortar at 7 days.
Last Document Correction:
December 14, 2007