|Pensions and Benefits Home Page|
PART IV - Questions or Comments About EPIC
The Security System administers user access to EPIC. The Certifying Officer and Supervisor of the Certifying Officer at each Pension Payroll Location are responsible for authorizing, registering, and managing additional users of EPIC.
The duties of the Certifying Officer or Supervisor of the Certifying Officer include authorizing or deleting designated user access to EPIC, assigning or modifying specific applications to each authorized user, and updating the employer demographic information (address, phone numbers, etc.) when necessary.
To access the Security System, click the "Security" button on the EPIC home page.
The Security System main page will open.
The Security System is comprised of four online applications.
Add New User
The Add New User application allows the Certifying Officer or Supervisor of the Certifying Officer to add a new user to the EPIC system. To access the application click the "Add New User" button.
1. All information must be entered.
2. Select the Pension Payroll Location where you want to provide the employee access.
3. Enter the employee's First and Last Name.
4. If the employee is a member of a retirement system, select the retirement system, (01=TPAF, 02=PERS, 03=PFRS, 08=SPRS, 09=ABP), then enter the membership number. (The member number should be added without the leading digit.)
5. An expiration date must be set
if the employee is not yet a pension member or is a temporary employee
not eligible for membership.
6. Enter the employee's phone number, e-mail address, and job title.
7. Click the "Add/Delete Apps" button.
The page that appears will allow you to select the application(s) to which you want to grant access.
8. To give access to a specific application, select the application from the drop-down box under "Apps" and a sub-application under "Sub Apps", and then click the "Add" button. You must repeat this step to give access to each application and sub-application necessary for that user.
9. To give access to all available applications, click the "Select All" button.
10. When finished adding the applications and sub-applications, click the "Update" button. This will assign the applications and sub-applications to the user and return you to the Add New User page.
11. Click the "Add User" button. The question "Are You Sure You Want To Add This Record?" will appear. Selecting "OK" will complete the process and send an e-mail to the user advising them of their registration in EPIC with an Authentication Code for access. The message "Record Created Successfully" will appear and give you the option to "Add Another New User", or "Assign the User Access to Another Pension Payroll Location".
Renew Temporary Users
If an EPIC user is not a pension member or a temporary employee who is not eligible for membership, an expiration date must be set when the user is registered for EPIC access. (Note: the expiration date cannot be more than three months from the current date. See Add New User above.)
When the Certifying Officer and/or Supervisor of the Certifying Officer log on to EPIC, they will receive a “Temporary Access Expiration” notice for any temporary user who is near his or her expiration date.
The Certifying Officer or Supervisor of the Certifying Officer must renew or delete access.
When the selection has been made, the Certifying Officer or Supervisor of the Certifying Officer should click the “Submit” button to update the user’s record.
EPIC will then open the CO’s or SCO’s EPIC home page.
The Search/Modify Users application allows the Certifying Officer or Supervisor of the Certifying Officer to search for existing users and make modifications to user access within EPIC. You can search for users using a combination of search criteria. To access the application, click the "Search/Modify Users" button.
Note: A Pension Payroll Location must be selected for all Searches.
1. To search for all active users at a location, select "Active" (1a) and the location (1b), and then click the "Search" button (1c). This will list all active users for that location in groups of five. Click "Next" for the next five users in the list. Continue until you locate the desired user.
2. To modify a user, first locate the user, and click the user's name.
3. The "Modify User" page will appear with the user's information and assigned applications listed.
4. To modify a user's information (phone number, e-mail, title, or status) make the corrections and click the "Modify" button. The question "Are You Sure You Want To Update This Record?" will appear. To update the record, select "OK". Selecting "Cancel" will return you to the Modify User page.
5. To modify a user's assigned applications, click the "Add/Delete Apps" button. The Add/Delete Apps page will appear.
6. On the Add/Delete Apps page the applications assigned will appear on the right under Selected Apps.
The question "Are You Sure You Want To Update This Record?" will appear. Selecting "OK" will update the user. Selecting "Cancel" will return you to the Modify User page.
7. Adding or deleting applications for an EPIC user will not generate a new Authentication Code. Rather, the changes you make will be reflected automatically the next time that user logs onto EPIC.
Applications To Multiple Users
This function allows the Certifying Officer or Supervisor of the Certifying Officer to assign or delete an application within EPIC for multiple users. To access the application, click the "Apps to Multi Users" button.
1. Select the Pension Payroll Location of the users to whom you want to assign the application.
2. The users for that location will appear. Select the users to whom you intend to give access to this additional application or sub-application.
3. Select the application under "Apps", sub-application under "Sub Apps" you are looking to add.
4. Click the "Add" button. This will add the user's name to the right hand column.
5. When finished adding users, click the "Update Users" button.
6. The question, "Are You Sure You Want To Update This Record?" will appear.
7. Selecting "Add/Delete Another Application" will return you to the Applications To Multiple Users page.
8. The "Delete" button is used when you wish to remove a user from the list before updating the records. Select the user from the right hand column and click the "Delete" button. This will delete the user from the right hand column and the application will not be assigned.
It is the responsibility of the Pension Payrol Location’s Certifying Officer and Supervisor of the Certifying Officer to maintain the demographic information within EPIC. This includes:
The Demographic Changes application allows the Certifying Officer or Supervisor of the Certifying Officer to update the location's information. To access the application, click the "Demographic Changes" button.
1. Select the Pension Payroll Location where you want to make changes.
2. The existing Employing Location Information on record with the Division of Pensions and Benefits will be displayed. To update any of the location information, enter the changes into the text field.
3. Also listed are the names and contact information for the location's Certifying Officer and the Supervisor of the Certifying Officer. To update or change any of the information for the Certifying Officer or the Supervisor of the Certifying Officer, enter the changes into the text field.
4. When done, click the "Submit" button. The question "Are You Sure You Want To Send This E-mail?" will appear.
PART VI - Questions or Comments About EPIC
If, after reading this EPIC User's Guide Security Information, you still have questions about or difficulty accessing or using EPIC, registered users may contact the Division's Employer Education Unit at (609) 292-7524 or send an e-mail.
|pensions & benefits: home | health benefits home | forms and publications | counseling appointments | search|
|treasury: home | services | people | businesses | divisions | forms | online | treasury search|
|statewide: njhome | my new jersey | people | business | government | departments | search|