Return to Pensions and Benefits Homepage

Go to Horizon Healthcare page

Tax$ave 2000

Tax$ave, a benefit program available under Section 125 of the Federal Internal Revenue Code, allows eligible employees to set aside before-tax dollars to pay for certain medical, dental, and dependent care expenses, thereby avoiding federal taxes and saving money. An eligible employee is any employee of the state, a state college or university, or other state agency who is eligible to participate in the State Health Benefits Program. Tax$ave consists of three separate component plans, and an eligible employee may elect to participate in any combination, all, or none of the plans. The three components of Tax$ave are: Please keep in mind reimbursement requests to either the Medical Expense or Dependent Care Spending Accounts must be submitted no later than March 31 following the end of the calendar year for which the account was set up. Any monies in your account not claimed by March 31 will be forfeited; therefore, it is critical that reimbursement requests be submitted timely, as soon as possible after the expense is incurred.

Please review your payroll inserts and this website, or contact Horizon Healthcare Insurance Agency at the telephone number, address or hyperlink below for more information on the flexible spending account portion of Tax$ave.

Horizon Healthcare Insurance Agency is administering the Medical Spending Account and Dependent Care Account portions of Tax$ave for the Division.

Horizon Healthcare Insurance Agency  
3 Penn Plaza East PP-10S  
Newark, NJ 07105-2200 
Phone: 1-800-224-4426  
You can speak to an account representative about UMSA or DCSA during business hours and hear prerecorded plan information during nonbusiness hours.

Or you may go directly to Horizon Healthcare Insurance Agency's webpage for information about Tax$ave, your enrollment forms and claim forms.

Fact Sheet 44, Tax$ave.

August 27, 1999

NJ Division of Pensions and Benefits
PO Box 295, Trenton NJ 08625-0295
Telephone: (609) 292-7524

Questions or comments, e-mail Division of Pensions and Benefits