PERS BOARD ELECTION UPDATE
The election for State and county Trustee positions for the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) is currently open. Eligible PERS members may cast a ballot for the candidate of their choice through May 31, 2015, at 5 PM.
A few points of information that might be helpful:
- Ballots for voting for the positions of State and County representative to the PERS Board of Trustees were shipped on April 1, 2015.
- PERS members who are eligible to vote will receive their ballots from the Certifying Officer at their employing location.
- PERS members who were identified as active PERS members as of December 31, 2014 will receive a ballot at their place of employment. Ballots should be distributed by April 14th.
- If a member doesn’t receive a ballot but thinks he or she should have: Active PERS member who do not receive a ballot would usually be those who were on leave of absence at the end of 2014, or are just recently enrolled in the PERS. A member who did not receive a ballot must make a request to their Certifying Officer who will pass along the request to office of the Board Secretary. The Certifying Officer is usually found in the HR or Payroll section.
- The closing date for the PERS Trustee election is May 31 at 5PM. All ballots cast, whether online, by phone, or by mail, must be received no later than May 31, 2015 at 5 PM.