PFRS BOARD ELECTION UPDATE
PFRS election packets were mailed by the vendor to the employing locations on or about May 29, 2015. Active PFRS-Police members who have not received their election packet by June 12, 2015,may contract their certifying officer. PFRS members may vote electronically by telephone or Internet or they may mail a paper ballot. The last day to vote is July 24, 2015, 5:00 p.m.
The candidates for Police trustee are:
- James Troisi (Essex County)
- Michael Kaniuk (Middlesex County)
PRESENT MEMBERS - TERM
Police Officers: Keith Bennett-6/30/18; *Vacancy-8/31/19
Firefighters: Timothy Colacci-6/30/16; Brady Middlesworth-6/30/18;
Retired member: Marty Barrett-12/31/16;
Gubernatorial Appointments: Laurel Brennan; Vincent Foti; Frank Leake; Richard Loccke;
State Treasurer Representative: Susanne Culliton, Ex Officio Member.
PFRS BOARD RESPONSIBILITIES
- Render determinations regarding Disability retirement cases.
- Review appeals pertaining to the disallowance of pension benefits.
- Adopt rules and regulations to provide for the payment of benefits and collection of monies as required by the statute.
- Establish rules and regulation within the limitations of statutes and opinions of the Courts and the Attorney General, designed to prevent injustices and inequities that may arise in the operation of the Retirement System.
- Resolve individual questions on the merits of each case in terms of statutes, opinions of the Attorney General, advice of the Actuary and cases cited by counsel as deliberated by the Courts.
- View monthly and annual reports setting forth data such as assets and liabilities, income and disbursements and statistical summarization of membership as documented by the Actuary.
Letter in Printable Format Adobe