New Jersey Division of Taxation
Public Auction of Seized Property
Under the authority granted in N.J.S.A. 54:49-13a, the property to be sold was seized for unpaid State taxes due from:
Somerdale Beverage Company LTD
t/a Somerdale Liquors
301 N White Horse Pike
Somerdale NJ 08083
PROPERTY FOR SALE:
State of New Jersey, County of Camden, Borough of Somerdale
Plenary Retail Distribution License # 0431-44-010-004
LOCATION OF SALE:
Borough Hall of Somerdale
105 Kennedy Blvd
Somerdale NJ 08083
DATE AND TIME OF SALE: Cancelled
AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR LIQUOR LICENSES
- Successful bidders must make a minimum deposit of 25% of respective bid IMMEDIATELY following their successful bid. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the bid.
Payment must be in guaranteed funds such as cash, certified check, bank check or money order. No third party instruments will be accepted.
- Balance, also in guaranteed funds, due by 12 noon on Thursday, June 24, 2010 at the NJ Division of Taxation’s Camden Office, 2 Riverside Dr., Suite 200, Camden NJ 08103 or deposit monies will be forfeited.
- Checks must be payable to: New Jersey Division of Taxation
- This sale may be postponed or canceled at the discretion of the NJ Division of Taxation.
The NJ Division of Taxation reserves the right to receive or reject bids or bidders.
NJ Division of Taxation employees or any member of the employee’s immediate family may not participate in this public sale.
- This liquor license is sold subject to any restriction imposed by the NJ Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control on this license as those set forth in N.J.A.C. 13:2-24 as well as any violations imposed by the municipality.
- The successful bidder for the liquor license must submit a complete “good faith” transfer application to the municipality and pay the fee of $328.30 for the license year 2011 (7/1/10 – 6/30/11) by Thursday June 24, 2010. A $128.30 fee is required to be paid to the Borough of Somerdale and a separate $200.00 fee is required to be paid to the NJ Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control for the transfer of the license. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of all monies paid to the NJ Division of Taxation for the license.
- The successful bidder for the liquor license must submit a renewal application to the municipality and pay the fee of $1,283.00 to the Borough of Somerdale by Thursday, June 24, 2010. Unless the municipality approves the transfer of the liquor license prior to July 1, 2010, failure to timely submit a renewal application will result in forfeiture of all monies paid to the NJ Division of Taxation for the license. The NJ Division of Taxation will assist with the renewal process at the request of the municipality. Any monies paid by the NJ Division of Taxation for the renewal of the liquor license will be reimbursed directly to the NJ Division of Taxation by the successful bidder.
- If the successful bidder makes proper application for the transfer and renewal of the license, passes the background check conducted by the municipality follows all guidelines set by the municipality and the municipality denies the application, then the monies paid to the NJ Division of Taxation will be refunded. The NJ Division of Taxation then has the right to go to the next highest bidder or re-auction the license.
FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THIS SALE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM:
James Pronchick, Regional Supervisor