New Jersey Division of Taxation
Public Auction of Seized Property
Under the authority granted in N.J.S.A. 54:49-13a and R.S. 33:1-26, the property to be sold was seized for unpaid State taxes due from:
5700 Atlantic Avenue Corporation,
3426 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
PROPERTY FOR SALE:
State of New Jersey, County of Atlantic, City of Atlantic City
Plenary Retail Consumption Liquor License # 0102-33-080-005
LOCATION OF SALE:
DATE AND TIME: SOLD
MINIMUM BID: $5000.00
AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR LIQUOR LICENSES
Balance, in guaranteed funds, due by 2:00PM on July 30, 2012 at the Division of Taxation, 1915-A New Road, Rt. 9, Northfield, NJ 08225, or winning bid will be forfeited.
PAYMENT MUST BE IN GUARANTEED FUNDS SUCH AS CASH, CERTIFIED CHECK, BANK CHECK OR MONEY ORDER. NO THIRD PARTY INSTRUMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Checks must be made payable to: New Jersey Division of Taxation
- This sale may be postponed or canceled at the discretion of the NJ Division of Taxation.
The NJ Division of Taxation reserves the right to receive or reject bids or bidders.
- NJ Division of Taxation employees or any member of the employee’s immediate family may not participate in this public sale.
- This liquor license is sold subject to any restriction imposed by the NJ Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control on this license as those set forth in N.J.A.C. 13:2-24 as well as any violations imposed by the municipality.
- The successful bidder for the liquor license must submit a complete "good faith" transfer application to the municipality and pay the fee for the transfer of the license by Friday, August 3, 2012. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of all monies paid to the NJ Division of Taxation for the license.
- By Monday July 30, 2012, the purchaser must file a single 12-page renewal application for the 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 license terms, and pay the annual municipal and State fees for those years. If this is done after July 30, 2012, the purchaser will be required to apply to the Director of ABC for relief pursuant to N.J.S.A. 33:1-12.18 and pay $100 statutory fee for the 2012-2013 license term.
- The purchaser must file a petition for relief pursuant to N.J.S.A. 33:1-12.39 for the 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 license terms with the Director of ABC, since this license has been inactive, along with the statutory fee of $100 per license term, or $400, within 5 days.
- THE WINNING BIDDER MUST PAY $1,900.00 IN CERTIFIED FUNDS to reimburse the Division of Taxation for the 2011-2012 renewal fees by 2:00PM on July 30, 2012. Any monies paid by the NJ Division of Taxation for the renewal of the liquor license will be reimbursed directly to the NJ Division of Taxation by the successful bidder.
- If the successful bidder makes proper application for the transfer and renewal of the license, passes the background check conducted by the municipality, follows all guidelines set by the municipality and the municipality denies the application, then the monies paid to the NJ Division of Taxation will be refunded. The NJ Division of Taxation then has the right to go to the next highest bidder or re-auction the license.
FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THIS SALE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM:
Peter Rapetti, Assistant Chief - (609) 645-6677