The Collection & Enforcement Activity is responsible for collecting delinquent and deficient taxes from businesses and individuals. Our investigators operate out of our Trenton headquarters and the Regional Information Centers located throughout the state.
Our investigators assist with:
- Gaining tax compliance through canvassing and educating;
- Investigating identity theft;
- Motor Vehicle registration holds;
- License suspension;
- Clearance certificates;
- Deferred payment plans;
- Filing of Certificates of Debt/Docketed Judgments with the Superior Court of New Jersey;
- Bank levies;
- Account receivable or rent levies;
- Wage garnishments;
- Business asset seizure and auctions.
You can find more information about the collection process