Important Notice for Earned Income Tax Credit Claimants with Pending Refunds
The Division of Taxation has expanded your options for complying with our request for additional documentation:
- If you have been asked to supply a copy of your Social Security card(s), but do not have one on hand, you may submit an affidavit available for download. With the affidavit, you must submit a copy of ONE of these items:
If you have been asked to supply final pay stubs for all the jobs you worked in 2013, and those are not available, you may instead send any 2013 paystub for each job you worked that year.
- Social Security card, or
- US Passport or US Passport card, or
- Birth certificate issued by an American state, county or municipality, or
- Consular report of birth abroad or certification of birth, or
- Naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship, or
- Permanent resident card (green card), or
- Social Security benefit statement or Medicare card, or
- US military orders.
Should you have additional questions, you may call the Division’s Customer Service Center for assistance during normal business hours: 609 292-6400.