- 2015 Homestead Benefit Information
You may be eligible if you met these requirements:
- You were a New Jersey resident; and
- You owned and occupied a home in New Jersey that was your principal residence on October 1, 2015*; and
- Property Taxes for 2015 were paid on that home; and
- You met the 2015 income requirements.
*If you were not a homeowner on October 1, 2015, you are not eligible for a Homestead Benefit, even if you owned a home for part of the year.
You are not eligible unless you are required to pay Property Taxes on your home. For example, you are not eligible if:
- You are completely exempt from paying Property Taxes on your principal residence (such as certain totally and permanently disabled war veterans).
- You made P.I.L.O.T. (Payments-in-Lieu-of-Tax) payments to your municipality. These payments are not considered Property Taxes for purposes of the Homestead Benefit.
View information on: How to File | Payment Information | FAQ
Send an email about your Homestead Benefit