Governor Chris Christie • Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno  
The Official Web Site For The State of New Jersey - Department of Treasury
Global Navigation
FAQs Departments/ Agencies Services A to Z NJ Home Page
Website Survey

Obtaining Copies of Previously Filed Tax Returns

To obtain a copy of a tax return previously filed with the Division of Taxation, complete Form DCC-1.* Submit the completed form to New Jersey Division of Taxation, Document Control Center, PO Box 269, Trenton, NJ 08695-0269. Requests for copies of Corporation, Sales and Payroll tax must be submitted on company stationery and signed by an officer of the company. Copies will only be provided to individual(s) who signed the return or a Form M-5008-R, Appointment of Taxpayer Representative, 1from that individual that covers the return(s) being requested is included.

Copies of a previously filed New Jersey Gross Income Tax Returns (Form NJ-1040, NJ-1040NR or NJ-1041), may be obtained either by mailing Form DCC-1 to the Division of Taxation or completing Form DCC-1 at a Division of Taxation Regional Information Center. Regional Information Centers will provide copies of previously filed New Jersey Gross Income Tax Returns only to the person(s) who signed the requested tax return or to the authorized representative of the taxpayer(s) who provides a Form M-5008-R that covers the return(s) being requested. A photo ID (driver’s license or other government-issued photo ID) of the taxpayer or the taxpayer’s authorized representative is required. If the person requesting the copy is not the person who signed the return (or the taxpayer’s authorized representative), the request will not be completed at the Regional Information Center. Instead, Form DCC-1 will be forwarded to the Document Control Center and any requested copies will be sent to the individual who signed the return at the address currently on file with the Division of Taxation.

Any return filed electronically using the On-line Services Filing and Payment Services can be obtained by logging on with your Business Identification Number and assigned PIN number.

Last Updated: Tuesday, 07/11/17

Taxation: Home | Site Index | Site Help | Legislature | Judiciary | Revenue | IRS | Other Tax Links | Glossary
Treasury: Home | ServicesPeopleBusinesses | Divisions/AgenciesForms
NJ Home | Services A to Z | Departments/Agencies | FAQs
Copyright © State of New Jersey, 1996-
This site is maintained by the Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services.

Reports Accessibility Statement Legal Statement Privacy Notice Contact Us Open Public Records Act Proposed Rules and Amendments Comment or Petition for new Rule Division/Ageny Statutes and Rules Electronic Notification