current brownstone structure was built in
1862 and served as the primary seacoast light
marking the entrance to New York Harbor. The
towers are not identical twins; the south tower
is square and the north is octagonal. This 1862
structure replaced an earlier twin tower
Below are IPIX panoramic images. Left click and drag to move the picture left to right or up and down. To zoom in, place the cursor just above center and click. To zoom out, place the cursor just below center and click.