Certified Physicist and Radiation Surveyor Information
The regulations "Quality Assurance Programs for Medical Diagnostic X-ray Installations" N.J.A.C. 7:28-22.12 include certification requirements for medical physicists who perform medical physicist QC Surveys and certification requirements for medical physicist assistants. Only persons who are currently certified by the DEP can perform the initial and annual medical physicist QC survey.
- For an application for physicist certifications click here.
- For an appilcation for physicist assistant click here.
All certificates expire on December 31st of every odd numbered year. A certification is renewable for a period of two years. The fee for the initial certification is $50. Additional initial certifications are $25. The renewal fee (every two years) for each category is $25.
The four certification categories are:
- Qualified Medical Physicist for the Supervision of Quality Assurance Programs for Diagnostic X-ray Imaging
- Qualified Medical Physicist for the Supervision of Quality Assurance Programs for Computed Tomography Equipment
- Qualified Medical Physicist Assistant in Radiography
- Qualified Medical Physicist Assistant in Fluoroscopy
The qualification requirements for certification are contained in N.J.A.C. 7:28-22.12.
You must be approved by the Bureau of X-Ray Compliance to perform radiation surveys on medical, non-medical, and radiation therapy equipment in the State of New Jersey. Download and complete the application for the equipment you would like to perform radiation surveys on.
- For an application to be a Radiation Surveyor to perform radiation safety surveys on medical and non-medical x-ray equipment, click here.
- For an application to perform surveys on radiation therapy simulators, radiation therapy equipment, please click here.
If you're a medical physicist and would like to sign up for our ListServ to receive important information click here.
If you have any questions regarding certification, E-mail Albert Orlandi at firstname.lastname@example.org