SGO Forms and Documents
The following forms and documents are those most commonly used by educators and those produced for the 2016-17 school year for SGO purposes. Their use is optional. A complete set of forms and documents including those published in previous years can be found in the AchieveNJ document library.
- SGO Overview : A 2-page overview of the role of SGOs in AchieveNJ.
- 2.1 Presentation (PPT | PDF): Updated SGO workshop presentation. Supplemental resources can be found in document library.
- SGO 2.1 Guidebook (PDF | Word)
Revised for 2016-17. Includes information about high quality assessments and target setting to improve SGO quality.
- SGO Quick Start Guide (PDF): A 2-page guide outlining the SGO process.
- SGO Form (PDF | Word): Includes sections to help teachers identify and record information for student starting points, record mid-year adjustments to SGOs, and reflect on SGO process in annual conferences.
- SGO Excel Tracking and Scoring Tool: This is a Microsoft Excel-based resource that allows teachers to compile their SGO data and connect it with their scoring form all in one place. There is also a quick start guide that can be used for guidance. If you are unfamiliar with the "Markers of Future Success" scores that are referenced in the tool, you can access a sample of rubric here.
- SGO Quality Rating Rubric (PDF | Word): Updated for 2015-16 with more specific information on assessment quality and using multiple measures of student starting points.
- Assessment Design Toolkit: Series of modules on assessment design, intended to help all teachers recognize and develop high quality assessments.
- Assessing and Adjusting SGOs (Word | PDF): Document describing the value of assessing submitted SGOs for quality and making adjustments as needed before the February 15th deadline. Includes a suggested method for inspecting SGO quality.
- Evaluating SGO Quality Presentation (PPT | PDF): Presentation that can be used to assist a team that is assessing SGO quality. Describes the components of a high quality SGO with SGO samples of varying quality
- Mid-course Check In (PDF | Word): Form to guide SGO discussions between teachers and supervisors.