New Jersey Student Learning Standards
- Science Model Curriculum: Educator committees developed science units and courses for Kindergarten through grade 12.
- OpenSciEd: A multistate effort to develop freely accessible and open science course materials for grades 6-8.
The storyline documents summarize the essential questions, science and engineering practices, disciplinary core ideas, and crosscutting concepts that are the foundation for each grade level.
Evaluating Lessons, Units, and Science Programs
- Phenomena for NJSLS-S: Instructional sequences should be based on compelling natural phenomena (in science) or work on meaningful design problems. This resource provides example of phenomena that educators can use as the foundation of their units.
- bioGraphic: A multimedia magazine powered by the California Academy of Sciences. The magazine showcases both the wonder of nature and the most promising approaches to sustaining life on Earth. This resource can be used to spark student conversations, generate curiosity, and serve as phenomena for units and lessons.
Unburdening Your Curriculum
Equity and Access
- Bilingual/ESL Education: This website provides resources to help educators understand and implement effective instructional strategies for bilingual/ESL students.
- Gifted & Talented: This website provides resources to help educators understand and implement effective instructional strategies for Gifted and Talented students.
- Special Education: This website provides resources to help educators understand and implement effective instructional strategies for students with high frequency learning challenges.