Postsecondary Private Career Schools (PCS)
Private Career School Students (PCS)
The New Jersey Administrative Code 12:41 et seq. which regulates NJ Private Career Schools, does not require that the NJ Department of Education or NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development (LWD) maintain student records prior to December 2016
Please note, LWD will not have a copy of your records if:
- You attended a school that closed more than seven years ago;
- You attended a high school or elementary school that closed. Contact the local school district to determine the location of the records;
- You attended a school that is still in operation. You must contact that school, even if it has changed location;
- You attended a degree granting college or university that closed. If the college or university was located in New Jersey, visit the Office of the Secretary of Higher Education for the location of the records;
- You attended a four-year nursing program; or
- You attended a school that was not licensed or registered by the State of New Jersey.
If none of the above situations apply to you, you can download the
Adult Private Career School Student Request Form and mail it to the address listed on the form. E-mailed or faxed forms will not be accepted.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com or 609-292-4287.