Apply Online for Teacher/Administrator/ Ed Services Certificates Through the Teacher Certification Information System
- View the Regional Certification Workshop Presentation for district and county staff.
- Verifying Certification: As of May 15, 2015, paper certificates are no longer issued. All information about certificates is now available online including certificate name, certificate ID number, date of issuance, and expiration date if applicable
- Our Teacher Certification Information System was updated on March 6, 2017 to include upgrades to financial accounting of certificate payments and the creation of an online Oath of Allegiance. These upgrades were essential to meeting state auditing requirements. They will improve processing times and provide for more accurate documentation of your certification fees. As the Oath of Allegiance is required to be updated if a certificate is not issued within six months of the original application date, effective March 6, 2017 all applications will expire six months after the original application date. If your application expires, you may then reapply for the same or additional certificates and the monies left on file after deducting an evaluation fee may be used as a credit (unless application was made June 30, 2016 and prior) for the new certificates. Fees are nonrefundable pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:9B-5.
- Chapter 9 new regulations FAQ
- Guidance on Highly Qualified Teachers