Professional Development in New Jersey
High quality, relevant and timely professional learning experiences, both individualized and collaborative, are integral to the educator life cycle and necessary for continued professional growth. Educators engage in sustained professional learning to refine and expand their practice to help students perform at higher levels. The Office of Professional Learning coordinates policy and programs in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6A:9C and other regulations to support high-quality- professional development, educator effectiveness, and equitable outcomes.
The Office of Professional Learning is responsible for the following:
- Statewide Professional Development Regulations
- Professional Standards for Teachers and Leaders
- Professional Development Planning
- State Professional Learning Committee
- Teacher Leader Endorsement Advisory Board
- State-Required Professional Learning Topics
- Professional Learning and Equity Guidance
Other Office of Professional Learning projects include:
- The DOE Digest is a podcast from the NJDOE that tackles statewide issues in education. Podcast transcripts are available for all episodes.
- #NJEdPartners is a Twitter chat for educators built around the topics discussed in the DOE Digest Podcast. It is hosted by the NJDOE monthly on the third Tuesday at 8:30 pm and is moderated by Dr. Kenneth Bond (@kenbondedu) as well as other NJDOE staff.
- New Jersey Department of Education Lighthouse Award: The Lighthouse Award recognizes school districts and charter schools in New Jersey for illuminating the path toward educational improvement and equitable outcomes.
For more information, about specific office guidance and other documents, please see the ribbons at the top and bottom of this page.
To share questions and comments or to contact Acting Director Dr. Kenneth Bond, please email email@example.com.