New Jersey Department of Education

DOE A to Z: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z #

New Jersey Adult Education

GED Access Code/Diploma Verification Form/Adult Education Records

How to Request Diploma Verification

The diploma verification is an official document, on New Jersey State letterhead, certifying that a person has earned the New Jersey State Endorsed High School Diploma. It is only issued to candidates who earned the State Endorsed High School Diploma through one of the following state sponsored programs:  State Responsible Students, 30 College Credits, Plan I evaluation of High School Credits, or though an Adult High School. This document has an original signature of the certifying authority and the raised seal of the State of New Jersey.

To request the Diploma Verification, please click on (Microsoft Word | PDF).  Print out the form, complete, sign and either mail, fax or email this form to the following contact information:

New Jersey Department of Education
GED Testing Office
P.O. Box 500
Trenton, NJ 08625
Phone:  609-777-1050
Fax Number: 609-292-3768

In lieu of the form you may also request a Diploma Verification Letter by writing a signed letter to the above address and include the following information:

  • Full Name
  • Name on Diploma (if different from above name)
  • Social Security Number
  • Date of Birth
  • Phone Number
  • Email Address
  • Name of Program Enrolled In (Thirty College Credits, Adult High School, etc.)
  • Request for Diploma Verification
  • Written Signature

Please note:  Request forms are held on file for 6 months. A new form must be submitted after the six month deadline.

New Jersey Adult Education Records

The GED Testing Program only maintains adult education records for NJ GED Candidates, State Responsible Students, 30 College Credit Recipients and Plan I. The program does not have records for the following persons:

  • Those who tested in a different state, country, or while in military service.
  • Those who tested at a federal correctional facility.
  • Those who graduated from a local district high school.
  • Those who graduated from a local adult high school. (Some records from the 1970’s and early 1980’s may be available)
  • Those who graduated from an education program in a correctional facility.
  • Those who took a pre-GED test only at an adult education school or a correctional facility.

For any questions regarding records please contact the
New Jersey Department of Education at 609-777-1050 or
email at