External Organization Profile
In accordance with the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), Title IV, Part B, 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC), the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE) is required to provide a list of prescreened external organizations. The term "external organization" is defined, by ESSA, as: ''(A) a nonprofit organization with a record of success in running or working with before- and after- school (or summer recess) programs and activities; or (B) in the case of a community where there is no such organization, a nonprofit organization in the community that enters into a written agreement or partnership with an organization described in subparagraph (A) to receive mentoring and guidance in running or working with before- and after-school (or summer recess) programs and activities" (ESSA, section 4201).
In response, the NJDOE has released the opportunity for nonprofit organizations in New Jersey to submit an external organization profile (Profile). To meet the requirements for the minimum record of success, any organization submitting a Profile must:
- Operate as a nonprofit in good standing in New Jersey; and
- Have a minimum of five years' experience operating or delivering services to out-of-school-time programs in New Jersey.
NJDOE is excited to release the list of organizations that submitted the Profile. The next opportunity to submit will occur in fall 2019.
- Any external organization that meets the criteria outlined above, completes all sections in the Profile and submits by the deadline, will be included on the external organization prescreen list. The list will be maintained by the NJDOE.
- No funding is directly associated with this application for inclusion on the eligible provider list. The NJDOE will not be providing funding to external organizations and the completion of this application WILL NOT RESULT IN A CONTRACT WITH THE NJDOE.
- The NJDOE reserves the right to omit any organization from the list for failure to complete the Profile in its entirety.
- The NJDOE reserves the right to remove an organization from the list when it fails to meet the minimum record of success.
- The NJDOE does not guarantee the amount of work given, if any, to organizations on the eligible provider list. And, by including an organization on the eligible provider list, the NJDOE is simply verifying that the organization successfully completed the external organization prescreening process. To be clear, the NJDOE's inclusion of an organization on the eligible provider list is not an endorsement of the organization, nor is it a certification of the quality of activities provided by the organization.
- Subsequent to Profile submission, all information submitted by an external organization in response to the Profile solicitation is considered public information, except as may be exempted from public disclosure by the Open Public Records Act, N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq., and the common law.
- The NJDOE is not responsible for technical issues the organization experiences during the time of submission.